Using HUAWEI AppGallery with UDP
HUAWEI AppGallery serves high-quality content to all owners of HUAWEI and Honor mobile phones across more than 170 countries. Getting your game on to AppGallery is a unique process that involves a decent amount of time spent in the AppGallery developer console, but getting your game published there will be well worth that effort!
- IAP = Yes (Mandatory)
- Premium Pricing = Not supported via UDP
- Ads = Unrestricted (make sure your ad stack works in your repacked game)
Sign up to HUAWEI AppGallery and link your game
The Sign-up step for HUAWEI AppGallery differs from other stores, and will require you to switch between the UDP console and the AppGallery console a few times. Once you complete that process, your game will be created on AppGallery and linked to UDP.
Have these ready:
- Photo ID (Passport, license, etc.)
- Bank account information
- Swift code
- Proof of bank account (i.e. picture of bankbook)
Signing up and linking
Begin by clicking on “Sign up to HUAWEI AppGallery”
Step 1 - Sign up to HUAWEI AppGallery
The first prerequisite is to have a HUAWEI AppGallery developer account.
If you already have one, click Next (and jump to Step 2)
If you don't, click Go to AppGallery console to create a HUAWEI developer account there:
- On the AppGallery developer console, click “sign up” in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen
- Create a HUAWEI ID
- Choose to register as an Individual or an Enterprise (and have required documents for whichever you choose at the ready)
- Fill out and upload all required information and documents on the “Apply for Developer Account” page
- Read and agree to the HUAWEI AppGallery Privacy Statement and Developer Service Agreement, then click “Submit”
- Identity verification will arrive via email in 1-2 business days.
- Click on the “merchant services” link to enable in-app purchases
- Fill out and provide all required info and documents (namely proof of bank account)
- Click “Submit”
Come back to the UDP console once done.
Step 2 - Create your game on AppGallery
Next, you’ll have to create your game on the AppGallery side.
Once these steps are completed and saved, return to the UDP console and click Next to move to the last step.
Step 3 - Link your game to UDP
Click Link game to UDP and authorize the link by authenticating with your HUAWEI account.
Your game should now be linked between AppGallery and UDP. If an error pops up, be sure to correct it with the error details provided.
Complete your game registration
Once your game is linked to UDP successfully, you will reach the Game Registration form. The greyed-out fields were retrieved from AppGallery during the linking process. The remaining fields need to be input manually before you can complete the registration of your game.
Finding the PubKey
- Jump back to the AppGallery console,
- Go to My projects > [GAME NAME] > Project Settings > Earning > In-App Purchases
- Copy and paste the IAP PubKey from this window to the “Game Registration” form on the UDP console
- Fill in the field with your corresponding URL. It must start with http:// or https://
Complete the registration
Once completed, you can begin repacking and submitting your game to HUAWEI AppGallery.
A couple more things
1- Subsequent games. Once you successfully linked your first game between AppGallery and UDP, for subsequent games you will start the game registration journey at the step “Create your game on AppGallery”.
2- Reauthentication. The HUAWEI authentication token links your Unity and AppGallery accounts. If you want to switch to another HUAWEI account, use Reauthorize in the Advanced section of HUAWEI AppGallery to initiate a new authentication process.
Submitting your game to HUAWEI AppGallery
Once your game is registered, you can begin repacking and submitting your game to HUAWEI AppGallery.
- Go to the Publish section
- Any warnings or errors will be flagged ahead of submitting your game to AppGallery. Errors must be addressed before you can submit.
- You can set a launch date for your game, but only before submitting it.
- When you’re satisfied, click “Publish” at the top right of the screen.
- You will be sent to the Status section showing your game’s submission progress.
Note: Premium games cannot be submitted to HUAWEI AppGallery via UDP.
You will be notified when your game is accepted (or rejected) by HUAWEI AppGallery.
Your game will be launched immediately after it is accepted, or on the date you set. Be sure to clear the final step in time for its launch.
Track your game’s performance
Select Store = HUAWEI AppGallery to view your game’s performance on AppGallery.
Note: due to limitations in the integration with HUAWEI AppGallery, UDP can only retrieve revenue information if you use the QueryOrder method to validate your IAP purchases. If you use the IAP Callback method for your server-side validation, no revenue information will be returned in the Reporting dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which languages does HUAWEI AppGallery operate in?
AppGallery supports 77 languages, including Chinese, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Russian, and Italian, among others.
Which countries does HUAWEI AppGallery reach?
AppGallery users are located in all 5 continents around the globe.
Does HUAWEI AppGallery support premium (pay-to-download) games?
You cannot submit premium games to AppGallery via UDP.
What devices can the AppGallery client support?
AppGallery is installed on all Huawei Android mobile phones and tablets, including Huawei Mobile Services (HMS)-enabled devices which have been launched since September 2020.
Can I monitor my game’s performance on AppGallery from the UDP console?
Revenue data will only show if you implement server-side IAP validation by querying orders - see the UDP documentation for more details. Usage data of your games on AppGallery will always be captured in the UDP console’s Reporting dashboard.
Are there specific requirements to distribute my game in China?
Yes. They include the following:
- Your game’s Chinese app_name (in your APK) must exactly match your Chinese game title (in your metadata). In Unity, you can set the Chinese app_name under Editor> Assets> Android> res.
- Your game should not use Google Play Services if it is intended for distribution in China.
- If your game monetizes with in-app purchases, a China publishing license is required. You can provide your ISBN information to HUAWEI AppGallery directly via the UDP console.
Are there any ASO must-haves?
It is recommended to add high-quality localized copy in your key markets’ languages, gameplay screenshots and videos.
How do I access the HUAWEI AppGallery developer console?
What are the rules and requirements for my game on HUAWEI AppGallery?
You may not register games that may violate the laws, rules, or regulations of the corresponding countries. You may apply age restrictions to your game to comply with laws, rules, or regulations.
HUAWEI AppGallery opposes all piracy and intellectual property infringement, and will not distribute such games.
What data privacy law does HUAWEI AppGallery follow?
AppGallery will process data within the limits permitted by laws and regulations.
The applicable laws and regulations include any privacy or data protection laws, regulations and rules that apply to the processing of customer personal data at the given time, such as the GDPR and any laws and rules which supersede the former, as applicable.
How do payouts work in HUAWEI AppGallery?
AppGallery transfers the settlement amount to your designated bank account, which must support the specified settlement currency. For settlement and payment, AppGallery supports four currencies: Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (JPY), British Pound (GBP) and Hong Kong Dollar (HKD).
Revenue share differs by region and app category. Developers receive 70% of the Revenue Share Reference Amount for games distributed outside of China, and 50% for games distributed inside China.
For more details, please refer to clause 4 (Settlement) of the AppGallery Joint Operations Service Agreement.
How many users does HUAWEI AppGallery have?
AppGallery has upwards of 530 million monthly active users globally, who consume content created by over 2.3 million developers.
How can I get featured? Are there any store specific promotions I should plan for?
Featuring on HUAWEI AppGallery is decided by local regional teams tailored to the local user base. Your local AppGallery account managers will get in touch if additional content needs to be provided for in-store promotions.